To ensure your SAFETY on the ropes course, please respect the following rules:Please absolutely take the time to read, understand, and consent to the following rules.
Before getting started:
1. Participants must be able to swim proficiently.
2. Participants must be 6 years or older.
3. Participants of the ropes course must be taller than 4 feet and can weigh up to 260 lbs.
4. Participants must not be pregnant, injured or have any pre-existing medical conditions.
5. Participants must remove all kinds of jewelry such as, but not limited to, necklaces, earrings, rings, piercings, bands, (smart)watches, and (sun)glasses (if possible). These objects can cause injury or break.
6. Charleston Aqua Park is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items.
7. Participants must always wear a fitting life jacket. It must be buckled up and zipped up.
8. Participants of the ropes course must wear closed shoes.
9. Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
10. Participants must register, accept the terms & conditions, sign and validate the release of liability, wear a wristband, and attend our safety briefing.
11. Participants should wear sunscreen and/or sun protective clothing.
12. Participants must be at least 18 years or older to sign their own release of liability. For participants 17 and younger, a legal guardian aged 18 years or older must sign, and should be present during check-in. Please do not forget to bring a valid ID.
13. Participants 16 and under are not allowed to be left on site unsupervised.
14. Please park your car only in the designated parking area.
15. Please bring something to drink with you. We want to make sure that you stay hydrated during your stay. We have non-alcoholic beverages on sale.
16. Our lifeguards on duty only supervise the aqua park and the ropes course.
17. Swimming is only allowed in designated areas and at your own risk. You must wear a life jacket while in the water, even in shallow water.
18. Be a nice person. Please do not swear or use profane expressions in front of children, other customers or our staff members.
19. Please leave any pets and other animals at home (including your dogs).
20. BBQs,fires and loud music are prohibited on our premises.
During the safety briefing:
21. Participants may only attend the safety briefing if their session starts within the next 20 minutes.
22. Participants that are late for a safety briefing must wait for the next safety briefing to start.
23. Participants must pay attention to the safety instructions.
24. Participants should ask questions if they do not understand or have difficulty hearing the safety instructions.
25. Understand the whistle signals:
* 1 whistle blow: To warn a participant that they are doing something they should not be doing.
* 2 whistle blows: The session is over.
* 3 whistle blows: In a case of emergency all participants must stop, sit down, and wait for further instructions.
While on the Ropes Course:
26. Only use in the presence of a lifeguard.
27. Only use during the official hours.
28. Do not use in darkness or when there is lightning or thunder.
29. If you need assistance at any time, please call one of our lifeguards for help.
30. Use the ropes course responsibly to ensure that you do not injure yourself or others.
31. Our lifeguards will expel you if you have endangered your own safety or that of other participants.
32. Each feature has a difficulty level color:
* Light blue: easy
* Dark blue: medium
* Red sticker: hard
33. A maximum of two participants may be on a platform at the same time.
34. There may be no more than one participant on a climbing element. Never jump onto other participants.
35. Climbing elements may not be used if there is a person underneath in the fall zone.
36. If someone does swim under you while on a climbing element, stop moving.
37. Do not swim under people on the ropes course unless they have stopped moving
38. Participants are not allowed to jump for ropes or cables which they cannot reach.
39. If you think you are going to fall, relax, don’t fight the fall and drop into the water. The life jacket will return you to the surface.
40. If you fall into the water, it is very important to put your hand in the air to let the instructor know you are alright.
41. Take care when exiting the ropes course. Please exit only through the official exit, not through the shoreline. Keep out of the weeds and slippery rock area of the shoreline. Risk of injury.
42. Top tips:
* If you feel you are going to lose balance or fall, look at a spot in the water below you, jump in a controlled manner and let go of everything.
* Do not jump for ropes or cables you cannot reach
* Try to keep three points of contact and keep your arms high.
55. Sessions can be refunded with a 25% cancellation fee until up to 24 hours before the beginning of the session. Example: Your session is on August 2nd at 02:00pm, you can cancel with a 25% fee, up until August 1st 01:59pm. If we have availability, you might be able to reschedule to a different date and time free of charge.
56. Refunds are paid out onto your prepaid account, or in cash during opening hours.
57. Any session canceled within 24 hours of the session as well as no-shows, or partial no-shows, will NOT be refunded. This includes birthday parties. Example: If you booked for 15 participants, and the day of the session you are only 10 people, you will not receive any refund for the 5 participants that did not join.NIIRRO LLC operating as Charleston Aqua Park and its employees cannot be held responsible for any accidents that occur due to improper use of the aqua park and the ropes course or by not following the safety rules above.
Please ask a staff member if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the safety instructions. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-279-4520 [shorten text]